Your pathway to living and working in Australia.
Australia’s Skilled Migration Visas Guide to Regional Residency

Australia’s Skilled Migration Visas: A 2024 Guide to Regional Residency Visas

Australia uses skilled migration visas to build its workforce, especially in less crowded regional areas. Among these ‘regional visas’, the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) and the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494) are essential. They help fill job shortages in these areas, supporting the government’s plan to spread population growth and economic development beyond big cities. This makes it an excellent option for migrants who don’t mind working in more regional parts of Australia where candidates with certain skills are very sought after.

This guide compares these regional visas with the Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482), focusing on their unique features, benefits, and how they can lead to permanent residency. We’ll also provide links to the official Australian Migration resources to help you start your journey.

Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491): What You Need to Know

Purpose: The subclass 491 visa offers a special chance for skilled people to live, work, and study in specific parts of Australia for five years. It aims to boost local economies and add to the community’s life. If visa holders live and work in a regional area for at least three years, they can apply to stay in Australia permanently.

How to Qualify for the subclass 491 visa:

  • Get nominated by a state or territory government, or have a family member in a regional area sponsor you.
  • Have a job that is needed in Australia, as listed on the skilled occupation list.
  • Pass a skills test for your job.
  • Score enough points on a test that looks at your age, how well you speak English, your job experience, and education.

Applying for the subclass 491 visa:

  1. Interest: First, show interest by submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the SkillSelect online system. This isn’t a visa application yet.
  2. Nomination or Sponsorship: If a state, territory, or family member decides to support you, they’ll nominate or sponsor you.
  3. Apply for the Visa: After getting nominated or sponsored, you have 60 days to apply for the visa, following all the needed steps and providing required documents.

Pros and Cons of the subclass 491 Visa:

  • Pros: Can use public healthcare, apply for permanent residency, and live anywhere in regional Australia.
  • Cons: You must stay in a regional area for three years before you can apply to become a permanent resident.

Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 494): An Overview

Purpose: The subclass 494 visa lets regional employers sponsor skilled workers when they can’t find local Australians for the job. It’s valid for five years and supports the government’s focus on making regional areas thrive.

How to Qualify for the subclass 494 visa:

  • Employers must show they operate in a regional area, try to find local workers first and offer a real job that matches the skilled occupation list.
  • Employees need to be picked by an approved employer, have the right skills and experience, and meet English requirements.

Applying for the subclass 494 visa:

  1. Employer Nomination: Your employer must nominate you for a job.
  2. Show No Local Worker is Available: Your employer needs to prove they couldn’t find an Australian for the job.
  3. Apply: After approval, you can apply for the visa with all the necessary paperwork.

Pros and Cons of the subclass 494 visa

  • Pros: Fills job shortages, offers a permanent residency path, and lets you live in Australia for up to five years.
  • Cons: Employers must go through a detailed process, including checking the local job market and meeting salary requirements.

How can help you find jobs offering a 494 Visa?

At, we understand the challenges of navigating the complex world of visa applications and job searches. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to connect talented individuals like you with employers who are eager to sponsor visas, including the highly sought-after Employer Sponsored 494 visa.

Our website is constantly updated with the latest job openings across a wide range of industries, from tech and healthcare to hospitality and construction. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting your career, we’re confident you’ll find a position that aligns with your skills and aspirations.

Click here to browse our extensive job listings today and discover the perfect opportunity that will kickstart your career in Australia and provide the necessary visa sponsorship to make your move a reality.

Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482) vs. Regional Visas

Main Differences between the 482 visa and Regional Visas

The subclass 482 visa is designed for individuals who possess skills that are in short supply and don’t specifically focus on regional development. This visa permits individuals to stay up to four years. On the other hand, subclass 491 and 494 visas are intended to promote growth in regional areas, offering a quicker route to permanent residency after living and working in a regional area for three years.

For Applicants and Employers:

Subclasses 491 and 494 are great for those committed to regional life, offering benefits like quicker permanent residency. The subclass 494 helps regional employers directly by allowing them to hire skilled workers.

Australia Visas Regional Residency Visa GuideFAQs on Australia’s Skilled Migration Visas

Some Common Queries Addressed

This section demystifies the skilled migration process, offering clarity on eligibility, application procedures, and the nuances of transitioning from provisional to permanent residency.

1. What are the key differences between the Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491) and the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa (Subclass 494) 

The Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491) is for skilled workers nominated by an Australian state or territory government or sponsored by a family member living in a designated regional area. In contrast, the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa (Subclass 494) allows Australian employers in regional areas to sponsor skilled workers for specific positions. Both aim to address skill shortages in regional Australia but differ in sponsorship and nomination processes. For detailed information, visit the official Australian Government Department of Home Affairs website.

2. How can I apply for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491) in Australia?

Begin by submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the SkillSelect online system. If nominated by a state or territory or sponsored by a family member, you can then apply for the visa, ensuring you meet the eligibility criteria, including being skilled in an occupation on Australia’s skilled occupation list. Detailed application steps are available on the Home Affairs website.

3. What are the eligibility criteria for the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 494)?

Applicants must be nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in a regional area, meet the skill requirements for the nominated occupation, and have competent English. Employers must demonstrate that they could not find a suitable Australian worker for the position. More details can be found on the official website.

4. Can you explain the pathway to permanent residency through Australia’s regional visas?

Subclass 491 and 494 visa holders can apply for permanent residency via the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa (Subclass 191), available from November 2022. Eligibility includes living, working, or studying in a designated regional area for at least three years while holding one of the provisional visas. Detailed requirements are on the Home Affairs website.

5. What are the benefits of choosing a regional visa for skilled migration to Australia?

Regional visas offer several benefits, including access to a wider range of jobs, priority processing, and a pathway to permanent residency. They also contribute to regional development, helping spread growth across Australia. Visa holders can enjoy living in less crowded areas with a high quality of life.

6. How does the point-based system work for Australia’s skilled migration visas?

Australia’s point-based system evaluates candidates based on factors like age, English language proficiency, skilled employment experience, and educational qualifications. Applicants must score a minimum number of points to be eligible for a visa. Points tables and detailed information are provided on the Home Affairs website.

7. What occupations are in demand for Australia’s regional skilled migration?

In-demand occupations vary by region and include sectors such as healthcare, engineering, IT, and trades. Specific lists are maintained by each state and territory, reflecting their unique economic needs. Check the Home Affairs website for the most current lists.

8. How long does the application process take for a Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491)?

Processing times can vary based on application volume and completeness of the application. For the most current processing times, refer to the Home Affairs processing times page.

9. Are family members eligible to join me in Australia on a Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa (Subclass 494)?

Yes, eligible family members can be included in your application or join you in Australia after the visa has been granted. This includes partners and dependent children. For more details on family member eligibility, visit the Home Affairs website.

10. What support is available for skilled migrants settling in regional areas of Australia?

Skilled migrants may have access to various support services, including orientation programs, English language courses, and employment assistance, aimed at helping them settle into their new regional communities. State and territory governments often provide specific resources and support programs. For more information, visit local government and community websites.


Australia’s 491 and 494 visas are designed to help develop and support regional areas. These visas allow skilled workers and their families to live and work in regional Australia for up to 5 years.

Subclass 491 Visa: The 491 visa is a temporary visa that requires sponsorship from a family member in regional Australia or a state/territory government. Visitors must live and work in a designated regional area to be eligible for permanent residency.

Subclass 494 Visa: The 494 visa is an employer-sponsored visa that allows regional employers to hire skilled overseas workers to fill critical local labour shortages. Visa holders can live and work in regional Australia for up to 5 years, with the option to apply for permanent residency after three years. These visas provide excellent opportunities for skilled workers to advance their careers while also supporting the growth of regional communities across Australia.

By understanding these visa options, individuals and employers can make choices that align with their goals and contribute to Australia’s development.

We Want to Hear From You!

Are you thinking about moving to Australia? Or are you currently going through the visa application process? Maybe you have already moved to Australia through one of the skilled migration visas. Whatever your situation, we would love to hear from you.

Share your experiences, thoughts, and questions in our comments below. Your insights will not only help enrich our discussion but also help others in our community feel more informed and connected.


  1. James

    My name is James chizoba Francis from Nigeria 🇳🇬 currently working with business contracting limited company (BCL) construction 🚧 company precisely in lagos.
    Post held.. carpenter supervisor/foreman..
    Specialise in formwork,furniture and any kind of civil works and constructions I would be glad to work and share my experience to growth of the company..
    Best regards
    Eze James

    1. 482jobs

      Hello James,

      If you’re looking to bring your expertise in carpentry and construction from Lagos, Nigeria, to Australia, there are several pathways and considerations to help make your aspiration a reality. Your specialization in formwork, furniture, and various civil works positions you well for opportunities in Australia’s construction industry, which often sees demand for skilled professionals in these areas.

      Steps to Consider for Working in Australia:

      Research Visa Options:

      For skilled workers like yourself, the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) or the Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) might be suitable. These visas require you to have an occupation on Australia’s skilled occupation list, which includes carpenters and joiners.
      Another option could be the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186), where an Australian employer sponsors you to work in Australia.
      Skills Assessment:

      You will need to have your skills and qualifications assessed by an approved assessing authority. For carpentry, this is likely to be Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).
      Expression of Interest (EOI):

      Submit an EOI through the SkillSelect platform, indicating your skills and experiences.
      English Proficiency:

      Ensure you meet the English language requirements, which is crucial for visa applications and securing employment.

      Job Search:

      Start looking for job opportunities in Australia that match your skills. Websites like ours at can be useful.


      Engage with professional networks and associations related to construction and carpentry in Australia to learn more about the industry and potential job opportunities.
      Moving to Australia to work in the construction sector as a Carpenter Supervisor/Foreman can offer a fulfilling career path and the chance to contribute significantly to various projects. Your experience in formwork, furniture, and civil construction will be a valuable asset.

      Remember, the process involves several steps, including getting your skills assessed and potentially improving your English language skills. Planning and preparation are key to successfully making the move.

      Best of luck, James! If you have any more questions or need further guidance, feel free to ask.

  2. Shemunyoro Chitsamatanga

    My name is Shemunyoro Chitsamatanga from Zimbabwe. I am from Zimbabwe and currently am working for Telone Telecom Company as a Telecom Field technician having 3 years of experience upto date.
    I would love to move to Australia and work, learn and share my experience.

    Am looking towards your reply


    Shemunyoro Chitsamatanga

    1. Muhammad

      I am geologist and having 15 years of experience in construction for material testing , soil, concrete..for highway, bridge, Airports,

      1. 482jobs

        Hello Muhammad,

        Australia has a continuous demand for skilled professionals in the construction and engineering sectors, making it a promising destination for someone with your expertise. Here’s how you can proceed:

        ### Visa Options:
        Given your extensive experience, you might be eligible for several visa options, including:
        – **Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)**: For skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a family member, or nominated by a state or territory government.
        – **Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190)**: Requires nomination by an Australian state or territory government.
        – **Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)**: For skilled workers nominated by their employer to live and work in Australia permanently.

        ### Steps to Consider:
        1. **Skills Assessment**: Your first step should be getting a skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority, which for geologists is typically the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM). This will validate your qualifications and work experience as equivalent to Australian standards.

        2. **Expression of Interest (EOI)**: Submit an EOI through the SkillSelect system, detailing your skills and qualifications. This makes you eligible to be invited to apply for a visa.

        3. **State Nomination**: If aiming for a state-nominated visa (subclass 190), research which Australian states have the highest demand for your skills. This can increase your chances of receiving a nomination.

        4. **Job Market Research**: Although not mandatory for visa application, understanding the Australian job market in your field could be beneficial. This includes familiarizing yourself with key projects and potential employers.

        5. **English Language Proficiency**: Ensure your English language proficiency meets the requirements, which is essential for most Australian visas. Taking an IELTS or similar test might be necessary if you haven’t done so already.

        With your extensive experience in material testing for significant infrastructure projects, you have a lot to offer the Australian construction industry. Infrastructure development is a key area of growth in Australia, with many states investing in new projects or upgrading existing infrastructure.

        Given the specificity of your experience and the demand for skilled professionals in your field, you might find ample opportunities, especially if you’re flexible about your location within Australia. Be sure to keep up to date with industry news and potential infrastructure projects, as these can be indicators of where your skills could be most needed.

        Best of luck, Muhammad! If you have any more questions or need further guidance, feel free to reach out.

      2. 482jobs

        Hello! With your extensive experience as a geologist specializing in material testing for highways, bridges, and airports, you’re in a unique position to consider applying for the Australian 482 Visa, also known as the Temporary Skill Shortage visa. This visa allows skilled workers like you to live and work in Australia where your specific skills are in demand.

        Here’s how your background fits the 482 Visa requirements:

        Occupation List: First, check if your occupation is on the list of eligible skilled occupations for a 482 Visa. Given your specialty, you might find your role under titles related to geology or civil engineering fields.

        Skills Assessment: For certain occupations, a skills assessment might be required. This is to verify that your qualifications and experience meet Australian standards.

        Experience: Your 15 years of experience in a specialized field greatly enhances your application. Australian employers value highly skilled international workers who can bring in-depth knowledge and experience to their projects.

        Job Offer: You’ll need a job offer from an approved sponsor in Australia. You can search for job listings relevant to your field and set up job alerts on our homepage at

        For more detailed information on the application process and requirements, I recommend visiting the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs website or contacting an immigration agent. Your skills and experience make you a valuable candidate, and I wish you the best in your application process!

    2. 482jobs

      Hello Shemunyoro Chitsamatanga,

      It’s great to hear about your ambition and experience as a Telecom Field Technician with Telone Telecom Company in Zimbabwe. With 3 years of experience in the field, you’re building a solid foundation that can be valuable in many markets, including Australia.

      Australia has a robust telecommunications sector that continuously seeks skilled professionals to support its infrastructure and innovation efforts. Here’s a brief guide on how you might proceed towards working and contributing to the field in Australia:

      ### 1. Visa Options:
      Given your work experience, you might be eligible for several visa options, including:

      – **Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)**: This visa does not require sponsorship and allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.

      – **Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190)**: This visa requires nomination by an Australian state or territory government and also leads to permanent residency.

      – **Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 491)**: For skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory government or sponsored by an eligible family member to work in regional Australia.

      ### 2. Skills Assessment:
      Before applying for a skilled visa, you’ll need to have your skills assessed by a relevant assessing authority. For Telecom Field Technicians, this could be Engineers Australia or another relevant body that assesses ICT occupations. They will evaluate your qualifications and experience to determine if they meet Australian standards.

      ### 3. Expressing Interest:
      After your skills assessment, you would need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the SkillSelect system. This is how the Australian government identifies and invites skilled workers to apply for a visa. In your EOI, you can express interest in multiple visa types and indicate if you’re open to sponsorship by states or territories.

      ### 4. Improve Your English:
      Ensuring you have a good level of English is crucial for your visa application, as well as for finding employment in Australia. If necessary, consider taking an English language course to prepare for the IELTS or any other English language test required by your visa category.

      ### 5. Research and Networking:
      Look into the Australian telecommunications sector to identify potential employers and understand the market demand for your skills. Networking with professionals in your field through platforms like LinkedIn, or joining related groups and forums, can also provide insights and opportunities.

      Moving to Australia to work and share your experience can be a fulfilling journey, Shemunyoro. The process involves several steps, but with determination and the right preparation, your goals are within reach. Australia offers a supportive environment for skilled professionals like you, with opportunities for growth and learning in the telecommunications sector.

      If you have any more questions or need further details about any of the steps, feel free to ask. Wishing you all the best in your endeavors to move to Australia!


    3. 482jobs

      Hi Shemunyoro Chitsamatanga,

      It’s great to hear about your aspiration to move to Australia to work, learn, and share your experience as a Telecom Field Technician. With 3 years of experience at Telone Telecom Company, you’re starting to build a solid foundation in your career.

      For the 482 Visa, here are a few steps to consider:

      Eligibility: Check if your occupation as a Telecom Field Technician is listed under the eligible skilled occupations for the Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482). This list is available on the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs website.

      Experience: While you have 3 years of experience, continue to enhance your skills and knowledge in the telecom industry. Australian employers value expertise and ongoing learning in their fields.

      Employer Sponsorship: You will need to find an employer in Australia who is approved to sponsor overseas workers and who has a role that matches your skills and experience. Consider using job search resources like our website at to find suitable job listings and set up alerts for telecom technician roles.

      Visa Application: Once you have a job offer from an approved sponsor, they will nominate you for a 482 Visa. Following this, you can apply for the visa, providing all the necessary documents and meeting the visa requirements.

      I recommend visiting the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs website for detailed information on the visa process and requirements. Moving to Australia to work as a Telecom Field Technician could offer you a wonderful opportunity to grow your career while contributing to the industry with your unique skills and experience.

      Best wishes on your journey to working in Australia!

  3. Nasreen jan

    Hello, good evening sir/mam I am Register nurse,I need a job, thanks .

    1. 482jobs

      Good evening! It’s great to hear from a registered nurse seeking new opportunities.

      If you’re looking to find a job, especially in Australia, you’re in luck. Our homepage at has a wealth of listings for nurses across various regions in Australia. These opportunities are permanent roles which qualify under the Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482) if you’re considering moving.

      Exploring these listings can give you a good sense of what’s available and what employers are looking for.

      It’s also an excellent way to understand the requirements and expectations for nursing positions in Australia.

      If you’re not already registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), which is essential for practicing as a nurse in Australia, you’ll find information on that as well.

      We encourage you to take a look and apply to positions that align with your qualifications and career goals. Finding the right job can be a significant step towards your move to Australia, offering you a chance to share your skills and contribute to healthcare communities in need.

      If you have any questions about navigating the website or need further assistance with your job search, feel free to reach out. Wishing you all the best in your job search—there are plenty of opportunities waiting for you!

      1. Ihtisham Ulhaq

        Dear Sir, I am from Pakistan I am electrician I have 3 year electrical diploma and 4 years experience in saudi Arabia I am working currently in Saudi Arabia

    2. 482jobs

      Hello! Good evening to you too. It’s great to hear you’re a registered nurse looking for a job opportunity in Australia under the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa, also known as the 482 Visa. This visa can be a fantastic pathway for skilled workers like yourself to work in Australia where there’s a shortage of local talent in certain professions, including nursing.
      To get started with finding a job that could sponsor your 482 Visa, I recommend visiting our homepage at There, you can search specifically for nursing positions available under the 482 Visa category. It’s also wise to set up job alerts so you’re immediately notified when relevant job listings are posted. This can significantly enhance your chances of finding a suitable employer looking to sponsor visas for overseas talents.

      In addition to job searching, make sure your resume is updated and highlights your nursing qualifications, experiences, and any specializations. Employers looking to sponsor visas are often searching for highly skilled and specialized candidates.

      Lastly, familiarize yourself with the requirements for the 482 Visa to ensure you’re prepared for the sponsorship process. This includes having the necessary qualifications recognized in Australia, meeting English language requirements, and other criteria.

      Best of luck with your job search, and if you have any more questions about the 482 Visa process or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

  4. seyed hosseini

    Ich bin selbständiger Handwerker. Ich habe Erfahrung im Bereich Transport, Umzug mit Möbelmontage und Autokran. Ich besitze die Führerschein Klassen B, C und Kranschein.

    1. 482jobs

      Zunächst möchte ich darauf hinweisen, dass wir eine englischsprachige Plattform sind und Englisch eine Voraussetzung für die Migration nach Australien ist. Daher werde ich den Rest meiner Antwort auf Englisch fortsetzen.

      As a self-employed craftsman with experience in transport, moving with furniture assembly, and crane operations, holding licenses for classes B, C, and crane operations, there are several pathways you might consider for moving to Australia, especially if you’re looking to continue your work in a similar field.

      ### Visa Options:

      – **Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)**: If your occupation is listed on Australia’s skilled occupation list, this visa allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident without needing an employer to sponsor you.

      – **Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190)**: This visa also requires your occupation to be on the skilled occupation list, but you need nomination by an Australian state or territory government.

      – **Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482)**: If there’s a demand for your specific skills in Australia, an employer might sponsor you for this temporary visa.

      ### Steps to Consider:

      1. **Check the Skilled Occupation Lists**: First, see if your specific craft or trade is listed on one of Australia’s skilled occupation lists. Your experience in transport, furniture assembly, and crane operations might fall under several categories, so it’s important to find the one that best matches your skills.

      2. **Skill Assessment**: For most skilled trades, you’ll need to undergo a skills assessment by an Australian assessing authority. This assessment will verify that your skills and qualifications meet Australian standards.

      3. **Improve Your English**: While you might already have some proficiency, achieving a competent level of English is a requirement for most Australian visas. Consider taking an English language course to prepare for the proficiency test, such as the IELTS, which is often required for visa applications.

      4. **Express Interest**: Once you’ve identified the most suitable visa and ensured you meet the criteria, submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the SkillSelect platform. This is where you can be invited to apply for a visa based on your skills and qualifications.

      Australia appreciates skilled tradespeople and offers various opportunities for those willing to contribute their expertise. Planning, preparation, and meeting the necessary requirements can lead you to a successful move. If you have any specific questions or need further details, feel free to ask.

  5. Christopher murwisi

    My name is Christopher murwisi from zimbabwe currently based in United kingdom, i am committed Agricultural economist, agronomist, consultant with 7 years of experience in Agricultural industry. My career objective is to develop and implement agribusiness principles in alleviating poverty and hunger and to restore livelihoods in the whole World in a manner that is sustainable to the given environment and responsive to the climate change challenges.

    I would love to move to australia to share my experience and to bring new ideas and Skills in the field of agriculture

    1. 482jobs

      Hi Christopher.

      With your background in agricultural economics, agronomy, and consultancy, coupled with 7 years of experience, you’re well-equipped to contribute significantly to Australia’s agricultural industry. Here’s a concise plan to consider for your move:

      ### Visa Options:
      – **Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)**: This visa doesn’t require sponsorship or nomination and is for skilled workers whose professions are needed in Australia.
      – **Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190)**: Requires nomination by an Australian state or territory. Given your expertise, you might find specific regions more welcoming due to their agricultural priorities.
      – **Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 491)**: Designed for skilled workers to live and work in regional Australia. It might be especially suitable for applying innovative agricultural practices.

      ### State and Territory Nomination:
      Look into which states or territories have a demand for your skills. Regions with a strong agricultural focus, such as Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, and Western Australia, might be particularly interested in your expertise.

      ### Skill Assessment:
      You’ll need to have your qualifications assessed by the relevant assessing authority, which could be the Australian Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology or a similar body, to confirm that your skills meet Australian standards.

      ### Expressing Your Interest:
      Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) via SkillSelect. This is your opportunity to outline your skills, experience, and how you aim to contribute to Australia’s agricultural sector.

      ### Preparation and Research:
      Researching the specific agricultural challenges and opportunities in different Australian regions can help position your application more strategically. Understanding the local context will allow you to highlight how your experience can address Australia’s agricultural needs.

      Moving forward with these steps will put you on the right path towards sharing your expertise and implementing new ideas in Australia’s agricultural field. If you have any questions or need further guidance, feel free to ask.

  6. Abdul wahaab

    First time I try but hope it’s good direct Australia jobs higring ,we will waiting


    Respected sir, name is Durga nepalese nationalist.currently i am in Qatar Electro-mechanical company as a HVAC FOREMAN since 18 years.I am seeking for opportunities my company in qatar going to be closed now.if available any vacancy in your company please help me to know.thanks have a good day.🙏

    1. 482jobs

      Hello Durga,

      It sounds like you bring a wealth of experience in the electro-mechanical field, particularly as an HVAC Foreman, with an impressive 18 years of service. While I can’t provide information about job vacancies in specific companies or the status of your current company in Qatar, I can guide you on how to seek opportunities, especially if you’re considering Australia, given its demand for skilled tradespeople in the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) sector.

      Steps to Explore Opportunities:
      Visa Options: First, check your eligibility for Australian visas that cater to skilled workers, such as the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189), Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190), or the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186). Your long experience might put you in a good position for these pathways.

      Skills Assessment: For skilled migration to Australia, having your skills assessed by a relevant authority is crucial. For HVAC and electro-mechanical trades, this could be through Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) or a similar body.

      Job Search Platforms: To find vacancies in your field, use Australian job search websites like Seek, Indeed, and LinkedIn. Additionally, industry-specific job boards and company websites might list opportunities in the HVAC sector.

      Professional Networking: Connecting with industry professionals in Australia via online platforms like LinkedIn or industry forums can provide insights and potentially open up job opportunities.

      License and Certification: In Australia, working in the HVAC industry requires specific licenses. Research the licensing requirements in the state or territory you’re interested in moving to. This may involve additional training or certification upon arrival in Australia.

      Next Steps:

      Improve English Proficiency: If necessary, work on enhancing your English language skills, as this will be important for both your visa application and professional life in Australia.

      Documentation: Prepare your professional documentation, including your CV, reference letters, and any certifications that highlight your expertise and experience in HVAC systems.

      Research: Learn about the Australian HVAC industry, including any specific regulations or practices unique to Australia, to better prepare yourself for working in this new environment.

      Durga, your extensive experience in the electro-mechanical and HVAC field is a significant asset, and there’s a good chance you’ll find opportunities that match your skills in Australia or elsewhere. Stay positive and proactive in your job search and visa application process.

      I wish you the best of luck in finding the next step in your career. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. Have a good day! 🙏

  8. Semuel Barma

    Can I get that visa 482
    Can call me on 0472674858.
    Or email please 🙏
    Thanks 🙏

    1. 482jobs

      Samuel, we only provide one-on-one email support to our 482 job club members; please see here for more information.

  9. Hutch Williams

    Hi there, understand that DAMA/482/regional allows people who are between 45 and 55 yrs old to have pathway to PR ——Occupation-and-Concessions-List-20231219-v6.0-.pdf

    Our 45 yo relative is a qualified architect from China with a master’s degree – and I see there are some junior burger roles (draftsman / surveyor) on the list above from Cairns – but can’t see any jobs posted anywhere on your site or otherwise for those types of roles. In this type of situation, do you see others pivot to higher demand, lower skilled job on list like driving trucks for example? I understand they all have minimum awards and most people in that age group are viewing this as a pathway to perm residency rather than professional advancement.

    Any anecdotal info is appreciated!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *