Company Details Restricted To Members
Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd is a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment. At the heart of our machines, our talented and dedicated employees are committed to providing industry-leading after sales service and reliable solutions.
About the Opportunity
Our Reman Facility in Muswellbrook is seeking a qualified tradesperson to join our team in the position of Workshop Fitter on a Monday to Friday. With family friendly hours of 6 AM – 2:06 PM.
The overall purpose of this position includes the diagnosis, overhaul and testing of components to a high quality standard in a professional, timely manner.
As a key member, you will be responsible for:
- Overhauling all minor and major hydraulic and mechanical components from our Hitachi construction and mining equipment range
- Ensuring all work carried out is performed in a safe manner
- Undertaking basic maintenance work
- Conduct basic failure analysis and identify specific modes of failure
- Timely and accurate completion of all relevant paperwork
- Assessing component condition, developing a detailed inspection report and scope of work required including parts listing
- Testing of remanufactured components, conducting quality checks and audits
- Assist with the development and review of relevant safe work procedures
- Providing professional and timely customer service
To be successful in this role:
- A strong safety focus with a good understanding of WHS principles
- You will have a relevant trade qualification ( Fitter Machinist, Motor Vehicle Mechanic, Or Diesel Mechanic )
- Previous experience with the o/haul, repair and remanufacture of mechanical and hydraulic components would be advantageous but not necessary
- Have good communication skills and a dedication to providing high quality work in a timely manner
- Have a strong and positive team focus
We are offering:
- Visa sponsorship available for the right candidate
- Permanent Full Time Position in a leading OEM with long term job security
- Competitive pay rate + potential overtime + company biannual bonuses! $$$
- Exclusive staff discount on a range of goods and services
- OEM training and opportunities for upskilling with access to the latest technologies
- Supportive mentors who value your input in finding new and improved ways to achieving success
- Be a part of a leading OEM which genuinely values and ensures everyone is happy and safe at work!
At Hitachi, we value our people and work towards providing guidance on your career path towards a rewarding and successful experience. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who recruits based on merit and capabilities. We encourage and support a diverse talent pool of skill, ethnicity and gender, to create a wide culture of shared values and enriched experiences in our business.