Company Details Restricted To Members
Full-time Small Animal Veterinarian (Part-time position may be considered for the right applicant)
East Port Veterinary Hospital is looking for an enthusiastic, committed, and well-rounded full-time veterinarian to join our small animal practice in Port Macquarie on the beautiful NSW mid-north coast. Both recent graduates and experienced veterinarians are encouraged to apply. A part-time position may also be considered for the right applicant.
Why Port Macquarie?
Port Macquarie is a beautiful, relaxed, coastal area bursting with restaurants, waterside bars, and amazing beaches lined with pockets of rainforests. The amazing Coastal Walk from town to the Tacking Point Lighthouse, Billabong Zoo, Koala Hospital, Stoney Aqua Park, and many local wineries will keep you and your visitors entertained.
The lush hinterland surrounds are perfect for camping, bushwalking, or exploring one of the many nearby waterfalls.
For families, there are plenty of great schools catering for all ages, and lots of family orientated activities to enjoy in your down time.
Who we are:
- We are a busy companion animal practice, with some opportunity for exotic pet and wildlife medicine cases.
- We have a core team of three senior, highly experienced veterinarians, with wide-ranging knowledge in surgery, internal medicine and reproduction. They are supported by a further three experienced veterinarians with a combined wealth of knowledge and interests.
- Our skilled support staff team includes two veterinary technicians, six veterinary nurses, a full-time practice manager, veterinary receptionist, and groomer.
- Purpose-built hospital equipped with ultrasound, endoscope, bronchoscope, tonopen, in-house IDEXX Catalyst and Procyte machines, digital radiography including dental x-ray, two iM3 dental machines and dental periotome.
- We have a large client base with many of our clientele being happy to work up a range of surgical, medical and wellness cases, to a gold standard of care. Our clients are loyal, with many of them having been with us for a significant time. Establishing good rapport, and lasting relationships is essential to maintaining this bond.
- We strongly encourage our veterinarians and veterinary nurses to undertake regular continuing education and pursue any area of expertise that interests them.
- We value a peaceful, friendly, fun and approachable working environment, while also encouraging accountability and personal leadership within the team.
- We recognise that family is important, and must always come first.
- Clinic Hours are:
8:00am – 5:30pm Monday – Friday
9am – noon on Saturdays
Closed on Sundays
What we can offer you as a full-time vet:
- Four day working week with a set rostered day off.
- Four weeks annual leave and one week study leave. $2500 CPD allowance is offered.
- Clinical freedom and autonomy when managing your own cases.
- Opportunity to develop your own areas of interest with support available when needed.
- Attractive salary package offered is above award and negotiable with experience.
- Access to VIN, CVE & Vet Education Practice memberships.
- EPA radiation licence paid for by the clinic.
- Relocation allowance.
- VISA sponsorship is also available if required.
- Equity opportunities within the business.
- Fitness Passport access.
We are looking for a veterinarian with between 2-5 years experience. The salary package on offer is between $100K – $120K.
We currently share the after hours work with three other Port Macquarie veterinary hospitals.
Our responsibilities are:
- 1 night a week on call for our hospital (Thursday nights)
- 1 weekend per month for our hospital. Presently, one of our senior vets is committed to our weekends on call, but if this is something that you enjoy, there’s opportunities to share that load as well.
After hours work is well remunerated.
Outside of business hours, we utilize VetChat, a veterinary triage and advisory service, to filter non-urgent calls.
Who you are:
- You are happy working as part of a team, sharing ideas in a collaborative environment, to ensure best possible outcomes for our patients.
- You have a great work ethic and continually strive for excellence and a commitment to offering best practice medicine.
- If it’s your kind of thing, social catch ups outside of the hospital environment are on offer.
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners