Company Details Restricted To Members
Central West Leadership Academy
Dubbo, NSW, Australia
- A$79,865 – A$117,541 per year
- Quick apply
A$79,865 – A$117,541 per year
Full Time, Fixed Term
8 December 2023
The Central West Leadership Academy is an independent, non-denominational, selective school located in Dubbo, NSW. The Academy currently has students from Years 1 to 11 and will add Kindergarten and Year 12 in 2024. We offer the IB Diploma Programme for Years 11 and 12. The Academy is the first school west of the Blue Mountains to offer this programme. The Academy is a 21st Century Skills school dedicated to closing the regional achievement gaps for its high potential students.
The Academy is seeking to appoint a Teacher Librarian to support our growing student numbers and IB offerings.
This position is a Term 1 2024 start. Relocation support may be available.
Main Responsibility and Accountability Areas
- Developing and implementing a program of gifted and talented education
- Providing a high standard of teaching practice based upon an understanding of 21st Century Skills teaching and learning approaches
- Assessing and monitoring students progress and providing feedback to students and parents
- Use of evidence based practice to inform assessment and decision making
- Manage and maintain The Academy Library, including student / teacher resources
The role requires an experienced, quality educator with the capacity to develop gifted learners in their mainstream classroom.
- Teacher registration with the NESA, WWCC
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written and digital), with demonstrated ability to build rapport and interact effectively at all levels of the school
- High-level knowledge and understanding of gifted education including identification, differentiation, 21st Century Skills pedagogy, programs, strategies and the social and emotional needs of all gifted students
- Demonstrates initiative, drive and self-motivation, with the ability to meet and exceed deadlines
- Ability to use data and research to inform processes and to improve strategic direction
Central West Leadership Academy
Via email: ******@theacademy.nsw.edu.au
Applicants are expected to provide :
- A covering letter to the Principal outlining reasons and suitability for the application.
- Details addressing each of the position requirements as listed for this position.
- A Curriculum Vitae outlining how current and previous experience aligns with this position.
- Names and contact details of three referees, one of whom should be the applicant’s immediate supervisor/ Principal.
The school may be open to part time, job share or visa sponsorship in certain circumstances.
- Central West Leadership Academy
- 8 George St, Dubbo
- New South Wales
+61 3227 6562
A 21st Century Skills school A CALL TO RETHINK EDUCATION
The Central West Leadership Academy will serve as a 21st Century Learning hub for the high potential and gifted learners of the Central West of NSW.
Our school focuses on:
- Technology, coding and communicating in the digital world
- Local, national and global mindedness
- Community based engagement, Service learning, and leadership at all age levels
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Communication and Collaboration
- Social and Emotional Skills
- International Baccalaureate for Stage 6
We allow students to drive their learning through using student centred pedagogies such as:
- Visible Thinking
- Challenge Based Learning
- Guided Inquiry
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes’ Fair Recruitment Policy.
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners