Company Details Restricted To Members
Job description: Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Staff Specialist
Hours Per Week: 40hrs
Requisition ID: REQ358814
Closing Date: 17 December 2023
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Staff Specialist – Full Time
Griffith Base Hospital
Apply via eCredential
Everything you deserve
In the Riverina, we treasure your skills and experience and we’re ready to roll out the red carpet to welcome you to town. Speak to us about all the goodies we’ve prepared especially for you. Find out more about what our current medical staff think about working and living in .
up to $20,600 per annum tax free for living expenses! Take advantage of novated leasing a new car! * 482 temporary visa sponsorship considerations
- Relocation assistance and accommodation support considerations
- Subsidised gym and leisure centre
for you and your family * Free confidential
for you and your family
Where you will be working
The Griffith Base Hospital is a 114 bed level 4 regional referral facility hospital providing a range of acute specialist services (resident & visiting) including Emergency Medicine, General Medicine, General Surgery, Paediatric Medicine, Oncology, Haematology, Obstetrics, Intensive Care, Respiratory Medicine, Endocrinology, Neurology, Rehabilitation Medicine Renal Dialysis and Rheumatology. There are a range of diagnostic services including Pathology, CT, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, MRI, General X-Ray and Mammography. Other Allied Health Services include Physiotherapy, Dietetics, Pharmacy, Social Worker and Aboriginal Health.
St Vincent’s Private Community Hospital is located on the hospital precinct, providing the opportunity for a mix of public and private work. Griffith Base hospital is also the emergency backup with ICU and ED for St Vincent’s Private Community Hospital. The hospital is an interlinked clinical and teaching hospital, with 320 staff based there.
Building and planning has commenced for the , NSW State Government has approved $200 million not including the $35 million already completed for Phase One.
About the great community of Griffith
Situated in the beautiful Riverina in South-Western NSW. Surrounded by world-class wineries and fresh local produce, with a population of approximately 26,000 you will discover the diverse culture and traditions with more than 70 nationalities in the cultural tapestry. This has attracted many young families and travellers from around the world, with the mix of cultures often celebrated within the community.
Griffith is the agricultural capital of the Western Riverina with a catchment drawing more than 52,000 people to the area. It is a unique multicultural rural town in the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area, often referred to as a little piece of Italy in the heart of the Riverina. Griffith and surrounding areas is one of the most productive and diverse agricultural regions in Australia. There are numerous wineries, excellent restaurants, and gourmet food producers for you to visit throughout the region. Griffith also boasts legendary country hospitality and a relaxed feel of contemporary rural Australia. The city’s unmistakable Italian heritage is evident in the range of rustic cafes and eateries, delis and gelato bars, olive groves, farm fresh produce, friendly and welcoming locals and a passion for wine!
What you’ll be doing
Provide contemporary comprehensive specialist Obstetrics and Gynaecology services for optimal patient outcomes. Provide and support training to clinicians across multiple disciplines to achieve quality education and safe clinical practice. You will have substantial experience is women’s health, with clinical competency in procedural obstetrics including assisted delivery and caesarean deliveries and management of obstetric emergencies. You will have the skills and experience to undertake a significant amount of gynaecological surgery.
The successful applicant will be expected to participate in all aspects of antenatal and intrapartum care, and will participate in the on-call roster.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the
2) Find out more about for this position
Apply via eCredential
- A National Police Check will be conducted, NSW Health does not require or accept the Fit2Work Badge offered as an option in eCredential
- Applications via agencies will not be accepted.
- Registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways recognised by the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
- Demonstrated recent clinical experience in Obstetrics & Gynaecology at the role delineation of the service with substantial exprience in gynaecological surgery.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
- Demonstrated commitment to behaviours which align to the NSW Health CORE values and MLHD Values, goals and strategies.
Original Job Posting date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 05:10:41 GMT
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners