Company Details Restricted To Members
PASTA CHEF FOR LEADING RESTAURANT
We are seeking a creative and talented Pasta Chef to join our growing team to deliver leading restaurant quality al-a-carte pastas/risotto in a full time role. You will be a passionate and a highly energetic hospitality professional to work within a busy environment in a hands on role, in a busy kitchen, serving modern Italian/Australian food.
We are looking for a reliable and dedicated team player looking to take the next step in their hospitality career at the leading hospitality venue in the Lake Macquarie region.
BENEFITS OF WORK AT 8 AT TRINITY
- Sponsorships Welcome.
- Staff meals provided daily
- Join our kitchen team of 25+ with development opportunities to support and grow your hospitality career.
OUR VENUE & YOUR FUTURE:
- Beautiful restaurant operation with 350+ seats.
- 8 At Trinity Restaurant located at the $588m Trinity Point 5 Star Luxury Waterfront Development overlooking beautiful Lake Macquarie in NSW.
- Work for a market leader with a work/life balance, talented & friendly team.
- Opportunities for career development and progression.
- 80 mins north of Sydney and 30-40 mins south of Newcastle.
THE ROLE + THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Demonstrated experience as a Pasta Chef in a premium restaurant
- A passion for the art of making authentically prepared yet innovative pasta dishes
- Strive to develop high quality, innovative and original pasta menu offerings for our guests
- Train and develop other kitchen team members on the art of pasta making
- Relevant Commercial Cookery diploma or equivalent experience required, with a minimum 2 years’ experience required in a similar position.
- Ability to operate equipment such as a commercial mixer and pasta machine.
- Use correct techniques and follow procedures and recipes when preparing and cooking menu items
- Understanding of Food Safety and OH&S standards and compliance
- Proven experience and time management during prep and service periods in a busy ‘a la carte’ restaurant.
- Ensure consistency across the production of all prep and finished meals in all services
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Collaborate with management to plan and develop recipes and menus, factoring seasonality and projected sales.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Can handle pressure and a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent English and well groomed
- Available to work days, evenings and weekends. (8 at Trinity is currently closed on Mondays and Tuesdays)
This is a full time permanent position. Shifts would involve a combination of mornings, day and evening work.
- Apply in writing to the General Manager.
- Regional Sponsorships welcome. We are approved for Regional Employment
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners