Company Details Restricted To Members
Job description: Position Details
Reference Number 16145
Position Title Senior Psychologist
Employment Type Part Time Permanent
- Extensive investment in facilities and people supporting our significant service expansion
- Salary $106,158(P3-1) to $121,487 (P3-4) pro rata +11% Super
- A culture where people care
- Salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay
- International Relocation Support provided!
A career in the forensic mental health sector is diverse, challenging and rewarding. A career at Forensicare will be like no other. If you’re passionate about supporting people in their mental health recovery, Forensicare is where you need to be. You will be a part of a caring and supportive team, making a real difference to people living with the dual stigma of mental illness and offending. We approach our work with curiosity and a commitment to understanding the unique needs of our consumers and carers. Working across community, hospital and prison settings, you can learn, apply your specialist skills and advance in your profession. Together, we can contribute to a more connected, compassionate mental health and criminal justice system.
Forensicare provides specialist forensic mental health services across 12 of Victoria’s 14 prisons with expansion underway to include Western Plains in the Barwon region. Primarily based at HMP Barwon, the position provides mental health treatment to prisoners experiencing mental ill-health in management and high secure units. ice and initial reception assessments at Metropolitan Remand Centre. The role will also require occasional travel to Ravenhall Correctional Centre in Melbourne’s west.
About the Role:
The Senior Psychologist provides a high level of clinical psychological expertise to clients based in the management and high secure units at Barwon Prison with severe mental health issues. This includes the provision of assessment (including diagnostic assessment) and targeted intervention. In addition to this, the senior psychologist provides high level consultation and advice on complex clinical matters to other agencies and key stakeholders.
- Provides an advanced range of psychological services to clients.
- Provides specialist psychological, psychometric assessments and reports where necessary.
- Provides individual and/or group interventions as appropriate.
- Contributes to client risk management and behaviour support plans in conjunction with Corrections Victoria.
- Provides mental health consultation and liaison concerning clients based in the management and high secure units at Barwon Prison.
- Participates in the training and supervision of psychology students and staff of other disciplines where appropriate.
- Demonstrated commitment to mental health consumer recovery.
- Endorsement or eligibility for endorsement by AHPRA in the area of clinical psychology and/or forensic psychology
- Listed as a registered supervisor (or eligible for being so listed) with AHPRA.
- At least five years’ experience in providing a high level of services; experience in forensic and/or correctional mental health and related settings preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and autonomously in a complex organisational environment
What you need:
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited course or equivalent, or a Doctorate degree in Forensic Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA).
- The successful candidate will be required to register their qualifications on eCredential.
Have you recently graduated?
- If you are a Psychologist seeking to undertake a clinical, forensic or clinical neuropsychology registrar program please see this link for further information:
- Recruitment for the registrar program can occur flexibly throughout the year
A culture where people matter.
- Excellent supervision and investment in the skill development of all our team members.
- Well defined career pathways existing across our Directorates with multi-disciplined Teams.
- Salary Packaging Options available – Mortgage, Rent, Car, Expenses
- International Candidates – Sponsorship availability, Permanent (186) or Temporary (482) and potential for up to $10,000 Relocation support to approved applicants.
- A leading, multi-faceted approach to safety, with unparalleled strategic, practical, individualised and team-based supports to minimise risks and fear and maximise safety and security, underpinned by our workplace health and safety strategy.
- Celebration and reward for good performance, through employee recognition.
- Access to an employee assistance program – an external, confidential, self-referral employee wellbeing program, for personal or work-related matters.
- A mental health and wellbeing program providing psychological, peer support and critical incidence response programs.
For more information on Careers at Forensicare, visit
*Please Note – Applications will be reviewed and Interviewed as they are received.
- COVID19 (x3), Influenza and Immunisation requirements specific to position Infection Control requirements
- This position is subject to a satisfactory Police Check
- We are able to Sponsor eligible International candidates for 186 Permanent or 482 Temporary Visa
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Forensicare promotes our guiding principles of curiosity, purpose, strong ethics, compassion and fairness; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
Contact Person Amber Fougere
Contact Number (03) 8363 2723
Alternate Contact Person Jenny Patterson
Alternate Contact Number (03) 8363 2627
Closing Date 05/10/2023
Position Description MFMHS Barwon – Senior Psychologist Grade 3.pdf
Please note that this position will close at 11:45pm (AESDT) on the closing date.
Please ensure your application is added before this time as we do not accept late applications.
Original Job Posting date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 22:42:05 GMT
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners