Company Details Restricted To Members
Job description: Position Details
Reference Number 16135
Position Title Senior Clinical Neuropsychologist
Employment Type Part Time Permanent
- Part time (0.6FTE), ongoing P3 Senior Neuropsychologist position
- Based at Ravenhall Correctional Centre
- Salary $106,158.00 (P3-1) to $121,487.60 (P3-4) pro rata 11% Super
- Salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay
- International Relocation Support provided!
- A culture where people care
A career in the forensic mental health sector is diverse, challenging and rewarding. A career at Forensicare will be like no other. If you’re passionate about supporting people in their mental health recovery, Forensicare is where you need to be. You will be a part of a caring and supportive team, making a real difference to people living with the dual stigma of mental illness and offending. We approach our work with curiosity and a commitment to understanding the unique needs of our consumers and carers. Working across community, hospital and prison settings, you can learn, apply your specialist skills and advance in your profession. Together, we can contribute to a more connected, compassionate mental health and criminal justice system.
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Completed in 2017, Ravenhall Correctional Centre (RCC) is a medium-security men’s prison located in Melbourne’s west, providing world-class forensic mental health services in Victoria in a purpose-built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards. While based at RCC, the role will also involve occasional travel to other metropolitan and regional prisons.
About the Role:
This role presents an exciting opportunity to join a supportive multidisciplinary team in forensic mental health. The Senior Clinical Neuropsychologist is based within Forensicare’s Moroka program at Ravenhall Correctional Centre. The role involves the provision of specialist neuropsychological assessment and consultation to address mental health needs of prisoners with impaired functioning within Forensicare’s service across Ravenhall Correctional Centre and other metropolitan and regional prisons.
- Provide specialist neuropsychology assessment and consultation
- Provide recommendations regarding treatment, management strategies, and interventions
- Provide high-level advice to Forensicare staff and external stakeholders on complex neuropsychological matters
- Participate in the training and supervision of psychology placement students, interns, and other staff where appropriate
- Demonstrated commitment to mental health recovery
- At least five year’s experience as a Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Excellent written skills and the ability to prepare reports for a range of audiences, using clear and concise language
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team, contributing to a positive team environment
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, the mental health system, and the criminal justice system
What you need:
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Neuropsychology from an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited course or equivalent
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA).
- The successful candidate will be required to register their qualifications on eCredential.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
culture where people matter.
- Excellent supervision and investment in the skill development of all our team members.
- Well defined career pathways existing across our Directorates with multi-disciplined Teams.
- Salary Packaging Options available – Mortgage, Rent, Car, Expenses
- International Candidates – Sponsorship availability, Permanent (186) or Temporary (482) and potential for up to $10,000 Relocation support to approved applicants.
- A leading, multi-faceted approach to safety, with unparalleled strategic, practical, individualised and team-based supports to minimise risks and fear and maximise safety and security, underpinned by our workplace health and safety strategy.
- Celebration and reward for good performance, through employee recognition.
- Access to an employee assistance program – an external, confidential, self-referral employee wellbeing program, for personal or work-related matters.
- A mental health and wellbeing program providing psychological, peer support and critical incidence response programs.
For more information on Careers at Forensicare, visit
*Please Note – Applications will be reviewed and Interviewed as they are received.
- COVID19 & Influenza Vaccination Evidence
- This position is subject to a Police Check
- We are able to Sponsor eligible International candidates for 182 Permanent or 486 Temporary Visa
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Forensicare promotes our guiding principles of curiosity, purpose, strong ethics, compassion and fairness; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
LINKEDIN CODING – DELETE Those which don’t apply and just leave code
Contact Person Jenny Patterson
Contact Number (03) 8363 2627
Alternate Contact Person Amber Fougere
Alternate Contact Number (03) 8363 2723
Closing Date 27/09/2023
Position Description Ravenhall – Clinical Neuropsychologist Grade 3.pdf
Please note that this position will close at 11:45pm (AESDT) on the closing date.
Please ensure your application is added before this time as we do not accept late applications.
Original Job Posting date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 04:08:21 GMT
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners