Company Details Restricted To Members
Job description: We are looking for a Speech Pathologist to join a dynamic team for a human services agency located in Melbourne, Vic This position provides high-quality, person-centered services to clients with diverse care needs, ranging from short-term engagement to sophisticated long-term care. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Gathering information using standardised assessments, interviews, observations and play-based approaches
- Conducting assessments collaboratively with individuals, families and key stakeholders
- Developing realistic, functional and person-centred goals with individuals and key stakeholders in line with assessment findings and priorities
- Developing treatment and therapy plans to suit the individual needs of children, young people and adults with a wide range of presentations
- Monitoring and evaluating progress and outcomes, and amending plans accordingly
- Liaise, educate, support and mentor parents and families, educators, staff and other professionals involved in an
- individual’s care
- Provide training in key areas such as communication, speech and language, mealtime management, Augmentative and Alternate Communication strategies and devices, meaningful engagement, etc.
- Participate in work / other duties as may be reasonably required
- Senior Consultant Work Responsibilities
- Participate in complex clinical allocations in accordance with area/s of practice expertise
- Participate in complex projects including multi agency projects and systemic intervention
- Coach and mentor consultant team on both formal and informal basis, including working in line with approved
- clinician development frameworks; maintaining regular communication and feedback to the Leadership Team as
- required; identifying strengths and needs of general consultant team through day to day work, and liaise with the
- Leadership Team regarding development needs and areas of specialty / skill
- Work with Leadership Team and contribute to development implementation and monitoring of relevant Practice Standards, Practice Improvement Strategies and Ongoing Quality Improvement Measures
About the candidate:
- The post requires a degree in Speech Pathology as well as certified practising membership with Speech Pathology Australia.
- With minimum 3+ years relevant experience.
- Experience or interest in working with people with intellectual disabilities and/or experiences of trauma who have complex needs;
- Experience or interest in conducting Communication assessments, treatment planning and intervention for children, adolescents and adults with a wide range of presentations; and Mealtime Management.
How to Apply
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, by clicking on the apply button below.
Original Job Posting date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 23:24:15 GMT
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners