Company Details Restricted To Members
Job description: We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Occupational Therapist who as a passion for helping individuals to join in a team in Darwin, NT
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Occupational Therapist who as a passion for helping individuals of all ages improve their quality of life through occupational therapy interventions and participates in improving other people’s lives by delivering high-quality, person-centred services, working with a range of clients across a life span with a range of care needs, from short-term involvement to complex, long-term needs. This involves, but is not limited to:
- Providing a range of assessments and reports, e.g. Sensory Profile, Functional Assessments, Cognitive Functional Assessments, Multi-disciplinary Assessments (FASD, Motor Skills Assessment, Housing and Support Needs Assessments);
- Identifying Occupational Therapy goals with the person and / or their family or carers; and developing Occupational Therapy intervention plans;
- Providing client support includes clinic or home-based sessions, training, and resource development.
- Our Occupational Therapists have a variety of assessments tools available, e.g. Child and Adult / Adolescent Sensory Profile, WHODAS 2.0, Vineland-3, CEFI, PEDI-CAT, BOT-2, BRIE-2, HoNOS, LSP-16, DACSA, MSE, Interest Checklist, Role Checklist, etc.
- Regular clinical and operational supervision;
- Tailored professional development opportunities throughout the year;
- Training and development in a Neurodevelopmental and Attachment Trauma-Informed (NATI) approach, as well as access to the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT);
- Regular opportunities for shadowing and co-allocation with other clinicians and collaborative, multidisciplinary work;
- Generous leave benefits and travel allowances are included as part of the salary package.
- Annual staff awards for outstanding achievements throughout the year;
- Flexible working conditions, tailored client allocations, and working environments.
- Realistic client service hours;
- Laptop and phone with access to the Internet, as well as access to a comprehensive library of assessment tools and other resources.
- The annual salary ranges from $75,000 to $95,000, commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
About the candidate:
- Meet the requirements for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy, i.e. Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) / Bachelor of
- Occupational Therapy / Masters of Occupational Therapy
- Experience or interest in working with people with intellectual disabilities and/or experiences of trauma who have complex needs;
- Experience or interest in comprehensive assessments of individuals functional needs; sensory assessment and profiling; and holistic lifestyle assessment and associated goal setting.
How to Apply
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, by clicking on the apply button below.
Original Job Posting date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 23:41:36 GMT
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners