Company Details Restricted To Members
Registered Nurse Level 1 – Paediatrics (Job Number: 02AQM)
Salary Range: $72,698 – $97,112
Temporary 6 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency
Closing Date: 08 June 2023
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person-centred care. We provide acute, sub-acute, primary and community-based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding regions. More information can be found on the CHS website.
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Your experience, knowledge and drive to provide child and family centred care in the largest hospital in the Canberra region is what we need!!!
Come work in a growing tertiary hospital that cares for children with acute and chronic health needs. Successful candidates are provided ongoing education and training opportunities . You will be part of a supportive multi-disciplinary team that will work with you to expand and develop your clinical skills to care for Paediatric patients.
What can we offer you:
- Competitive pay rates
- Excellent working conditions within a tertiary teaching hospital
- Salary Packaging with many options that provide full fringe benefits tax concessions
- We will work with you to support optimal work life balance
- 11.5% Superannuation
- VISA/Sponsorship for eligible candidates
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses for interstate candidates subject to the hiring managers approval
- Discounted gym memberships
- Scholarships for education support
The Paediatric Service at the Centenary Hospital for Women, Youth and Children provides holistic, evidence-based quality care and advocacy for all children and adolescents in the ACT and surrounding areas with acute and chronic health needs.
The service is child and family centred, as we understand that the family is central to the successful delivery of health care. We believe in respect for each child and family and their cultural and religious needs. Each person is an individual with the right to dignity and privacy.
The environment is child friendly and developmentally appropriate, with the opportunities for learning and play seen as fundamental. We are committed to staff excellence, with a rich culture of ongoing professional development in the specialty of Paediatrics.
DUTIES Under limited direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager, you will perform the role of Registered Nurse Level 1. You will:
- Provides direct patient care within an ethical and professional framework within a Paediatric environment.
- Practice in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- Practice in a way that acknowledges the dignity, culture, values, beliefs & rights of individuals and or groups.
- Advocates for individuals and or groups and their rights for nursing care within the organisational and management structure.
- Understands and practices within own scope of practice.
- Integrates nursing and health care knowledge, skills, and attitudes to provide safe and effective nursing care.
- Integrates organisational policy and guidelines with professional standards.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the organisation.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of one years’ experience working professionally in Paediatrics is preferred.
- The successful applicant will need to be available for weekend and after-hours work.
- CHS is leading the drive to digitally transform health service delivery in Australia through the implementation of a territory wide Digital Health Record. Computer literacy skills are required which are relevant to this role as you will be responsible for completing required documentation and becoming a proficient user of the Digital Health Record and/or other Information Technology systems; once proficient, you will need to remain current with changes, updates and contingencies.
- Have an understanding of how the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in alignment to the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
WHAT YOU REQUIRE These are the key selection criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resumé and experience.
- Proven commitment and competency in the provision of nursing care that promotes best practice and improved health outcomes for Paediatric patients.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with patients, families and other health care professionals.
- Proven commitment to professional development and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and adherence to, safety and quality standards, work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience. Displays behaviour consistent with CHS’s values of reliable, progressive, respectful and kind.
HOW TO APPLY / OR WANT TO KNOW MORE? Applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment system. Applications must include a copy of your current resumé, referee contacts and a one-page pitch. In your pitch tell us, why you should be considered for this position, taking into consideration the selection criteria under “what you require”. Where possible include specific relevant examples of your work.
Contact Officer: Shannon Reakes, Clinical Nurse Manager, Paediatrics – Ph: 02 51247689
Apply Here: https://acthealth.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=02AQM&tz=GMT%2B10%3A00&tzname=Australia%2FSydney
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners