Company Details Restricted To Members
Job description: Position Details
Reference Number 16136
Position Title MHTS Clinicians
Employment Type Full Time Permanent
- Extensive investment in facilities and people supporting our significant service expansion.
- 2 Full Time Ongoing role
- Salary $86K (SW2/OT2) , $92K (P2-1), to $110K (RPN3 Y4) + 11% Super + Salary Packaging + Benefits
- A culture where people care
- International Relocation Support provided.
A career in the forensic mental health sector is diverse, challenging and rewarding. A career at Forensicare will be like no other. If you’re passionate about supporting people in their mental health recovery, Forensicare is where you need to be. You will be a part of a caring and supportive team, making a real difference to people living with the dual stigma of mental illness and offending. We approach our work with curiosity and a commitment to understanding the unique needs of our consumers and carers. Working across community, hospital and prison settings, you can learn, apply your specialist skills and advance in your profession. Together, we can contribute to a more connected, compassionate mental health and criminal justice system.
Position based at Melbourne Assessment Prison
Forensicare provides specialist forensic mental health services across 12 of Victoria’s 14 prisons with expansion underway to include Western Plains in the Barwon region. Based at Melbourne Assessment Prison (MAP) in Spencer Street, West Melbourne, VIC; MAP provides 175 mental health intake receptions per week, 24/7 crisis intervention, very busy primary and specialist mental health outpatient service and a 16-bed custodial acute assessment unit, we provide initial assessment and treatment to seriously mentally ill prisoners; an after-hours mental health crisis intervention service.
About the Role:
- The Mental Health Clinician delivers care within a custodial setting, practicing within a recovery framework and using sound judgement to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and maintain a high standard of consumer care. In doing so, the Mental Health Clinician recognises the needs of the individual within the boundaries set by the profession, Forensicare and correctional services.
- This position works within a multidisciplinary team to provide care and facilitate recovery using evidence-based treatment approaches and participation in the delivery of therapeutic programs.
- The Mental Health Clinician consults, negotiates and liaises effectively with key stakeholders across several settings, including Reception, Outpatients and Crisis response. This position requires the Mental Health Clinician to demonstrate leadership skills and undertake clinical and other duties as allocated.
- Delivery of high quality care coordination and crisis response
- Contribute to the development and review of comprehensive Mental Health Recovery Plans, including transition plans, risk management plans and crisis plans.
- Work collaboratively with Corrections staff in developing risk assessments, care planning and release plans for consumers.
- Provide support and education to families and carers in the ongoing treatment and care of the consumer.
- Approved qualification in nursing, social work, psychology or occupational therapy and current registration with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency) where relevant.
- Nursing: Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing or equivalent. Current registration with AHPRA.
- Social Worker: Approved degree in social work, or other qualifications eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Occupational Therapy: Approved degree in Occupational Therapy and eligibility for membership of OT Australia – Australian Association of Occupational Therapists. Current registration with AHPRA.
- Psychology: Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from an APS accredited course of equivalent, or Doctorate degree in Forensic Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent. Eligibility for membership of the College of Clinical Psychology and the College of Forensic Psychologists, Australian Psychological Society.
- Post qualification experience within mental health, preferably recent experience in community mental health setting or a demonstration of experience working within a secondary/tertiary mental health service.
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated commitment to mental health consumer Recovery, including the modelling and leading of Recovery focused initiatives.
- Commitment to and demonstrated ability in working collaboratively and effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience and competency in planning, implementing, and evaluating case management interventions with people with serious mental illnesses.
A culture where people matter.
- Excellent supervision and investment in the skill development of all our team members.
- Well defined career pathways existing across our Directorates with multi-disciplined Teams.
- Salary Packaging Options available – Mortgage, Rent, Car, Expenses
- International Candidates – Sponsorship availability, Permanent (186) or Temporary (482) and potential for up to $10,000 Relocation support to approved applicants.
- A leading, multi-faceted approach to safety, with unparalleled strategic, practical, individualised and team-based supports to minimise risks and fear and maximise safety and security, underpinned by our workplace health and safety strategy.
- Celebration and reward for good performance, through employee recognition.
- Access to an employee assistance program – an external, confidential, self-referral employee wellbeing program, for personal or work-related matters.
- A mental health and wellbeing program providing psychological, peer support and critical incidence response programs.
For more information on Careers at Forensicare, visit
*Please Note – Applications will be reviewed and Interviewed as they are received.
- COVID19 (x3), Influenza and Immunisation requirements specific to position Infection Control requirements
- This position is subject to a satisfactory Police Check
- We are able to Sponsor eligible International candidates for 186 Permanent or 482 Temporary Visa
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Forensicare promotes our guiding principles of curiosity, purpose, strong ethics, compassion and fairness; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
Please note that this position will close at 11:45pm (AESDT) on the closing date.
Please ensure your application is added before this time as we do not accept late applications.
Original Job Posting date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 02:36:33 GMT
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners