Company Details Restricted To Members
Join one of the biggest pasta manufacturing and distributor across Australia is need of a Metal Fitter & Machinist for Adelaide branch. About the Role:
We are currently seeking an experienced Metal Fitter & Machinist with FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) experience to join a dynamic team of a leading pasta manufacturing company based in Adelaide, South Australia. Satisfactory completion of daily maintenance within the scope of the role, in particular effective andefficient problem solving and rectification of break downs and general electrical faults
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in FMCG industry machinery maintenance, excellent technical skills, and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
1. Perform all maintenance duties electrical & mechanical under the direction of the Maintenance
Team Leader or production team leaders, within the scope and abilities of this position.
2. Be directly accountable and responsible for maintaining machinery and associated company equipment
enabling high levels of safety, efficiency, quality and company output.
3. Able to work under limited supervision and supervise the work of lower level employees and
4. Perform Advanced trade skills in maintaining, constructing, altering or testing within any departments.
5. Performing repairing and maintaining gearboxes, chains, couplings, pneumatic equipment, conveyor and
6. Assist in all manufacturing and organisational maintenance needs when required.
7. Train lower level employees and assist non-trades employees in minor adjustments or maintenance
8. Maintain, operates and tests all safety equipment. Note: Accurate records must be kept.
9. Undertake training to be able to perform the duties within the scope of this level.
10. Must be available for call outs and additional hours as required by the position. NB: During shutdown periods leave will not be available and weekend work will be required.
11 General duties as required.
12 Machining and fitting metal parts to machinery.
1. Diagnosing and rectifying faults.
2 Installing cable / wiring support and protection equipment (trunking, cable trays, )
3 Installing and terminating wiring systems.
4 Installing electrical apparatus (switchboards, motors, protection devices, control devices etc)
5 Maintaining and repairing electrical and mechanical apparatus (motors, generators, lighting, etc)
6 Commissioning of electrical and mechanical apparatus and associated circuits
7 Testing electrical apparatus and circuits
8 Study and interpret drawings to problem solve
9 Forming metal stock and castings to fine tolerance using machining tools to press, cut, grind, plane, bore
and drill metal
- Nominal minimal ordinary 38 hours.
- Rotational shift work may be required. May be required to work at other locations.
- Additional hours as required by the position, including weekends and call outs.
About the Candidate:
- Certificate III in the vocation of Mechanical Engineering Tradesperson (Electrical “A” Class) or similar.
- Completed modules in PLC Programming
- Practical experience with Omron and Siemens PLCs
How to Apply
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, by clicking on the apply button below.
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners