Company Details Restricted To Members
Job description: 92% of our people are proud to work at Macmahon!
Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering an end-to-end service offering to clients throughout Australia and South East Asia. For over 60 years, Macmahon has been delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining, and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Due to expansion, Macmahon is currently seeking experienced HD Mechanics, Drill Fitters, Auto Electricians and Boilermakers to provide maintenance labour support to Macmahon’s surface and underground mining operations across various sites throughout Australia, 482 visa applicants welcome to apply.
The Macmahon site-based teams are composed of experienced tradespeople who are able to provide immediate technical support to any Macmahon operation as required. This position is suited to a tradesperson who is technically experienced, confident in their abilities and excited by the prospect of a new challenge every day.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within mine site environment
- An Australian recognised Trade Certificate
- Proven experience with a variety of Heavy Earthmoving Equipment – CAT, Hitachi, Liebherr
- Proven experience with a variety of Drills including CAT, Sandvik, Atlas Copco and Epiroc highly advantageous
- Demonstrated experience with on-site repairs e.g. excavator bucket and truck tray body rebuilds
- Capability to read and work in accordance to drawings, schematics and work plans
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
About the rosters:
- 7:7, 2:1 or 2:2 rosters on offer
- FIFO and DIDO options available
- Limited residential options available
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Site and business-related bonuses
- Flexibility in working arrangements
- Opportunities to upskill with a registered RTO
- Internal post trade training opportunities
- Dedicated lifestyle, financial and mental health support
- Visa sponsorship available
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you are required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of drug and alcohol screening and completion of criminal history and qualification checks. Additionally, you will be required to provide proof of working rights in Australia, i.e. a copy of your valid Australian passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate or current visa grant notification.
Macmahon offers our people the ability to work in diverse roles, in different locations and realise new opportunities within the Company over time. We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Original Job Posting date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 07:07:12 GMT
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners