Company Details Restricted To Members
Full Time Chef/Cook – Regional Victoria – Sponsorship available if required
Cumberland Hotel is a country Pub, conveniently located in the centre of Castlemaine, renowned for its great food and its “old fashioned” country hospitality.
Our food is inspired by traditional pub fare done with some modern twists using local producers to showcase the wonderful flavors of Central Victoria.
We are open 7 days catering for Lunch and Dinner and pride ourselves on our industry expertise and exceptional customer service.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a passionate and hardworking Chef/Cook to join our friendly and professional team.
You will have experience and confidence in cooking Modern Australian cuisine and working within a casual dining environment.
You will have outstanding customer service skills and be committed to providing exceptional guest experiences.
You must be available evenings and weekends. We are open 7 days, therefore the position will require some weekend commitments.
This position is the second to the head chef and we will require you for 4 and ½ days per week – 40 hours.
If this is the role you’ve been waiting for then we can’t wait to hear from you.
We also welcome applications that require sponsorship –
APPLICANT MUST BE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Setting up and stocking all sections of the kitchen
- Food preparation and cooking in all sections of the kitchen
- All aspects of stock control maintaining, ordering etc.
- Using modern cooking techniques
- All cleaning and safety aspects
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience working in a fine and/or casual dining restaurant
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and proven passion for the industry with culinary flair
- Food handling safety certificate
- Great communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and follow leadership
- A good understanding of kitchen operations and procedures
- Focus and organization
- Professional approach to the position
- Reliable and presentable
Why Join Us?
- Wages – Negotable based on experience
- Career Progression – This is a long term career opportunity with ongoing mentorship and supportive management.
- Close-Knit Team – Become a valued member of our family-like team.
- Job Security
Apply now either through the apply button
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners