Company Details Restricted To Members
Whittens is an Australian owned and operated multidisciplined civil construction company, proudly offering over 22 years’ experience throughout Western Australia, New South Wales, and Queensland.
With a growing reputation, we continue to partner with some of Australia’s major Infrastructure, Mining, Oil and Gas and Defence clients, specialising in the delivery of large scale and technically complex concrete construction, roadworks, earthworks, and piping works projects.
Our mission, as an agile and people centric business, is to be the market leader in civil contracting, achieving sustainable growth through high performing people who safely deliver successful project outcomes for their clients.
With a strong pipeline of projects Australia wide, we are growing and currently looking for a Civil Engineer with a background in multidisciplined construction projects (NPI – service such as hydraulics, lifting, installation, inground services ) to join our team as Project Engineer and/or Senior Project Engineers working on a 2/1 FIFO roster to our project mining site in the Pilbara area.
Reporting to the Project Manager, your primary responsibility will be to provide engineering functional leadership and project engineering services, enabling the project to be delivered safely, profitably and in accordance with the client’s contractual, technical and quality requirements.
As the Project Engineer, you will be accountable for:
· Interpreting specifications, draft and maintain drawings and plans, construction methods and procedures
· Researching and advising on the best engineering solution to meet project needs and budget
· Providing support to the Project Manager, Construction Manager and wider Project team
· Comprehensive understanding of the scope of work, specifications, work plans and drawings
· Developing detailed work programs for allocated work packages
· Managing scope of work, equipment and materials, and ensure compliance
· Identifying variations in work packages and submitting list for review by Construction Manager
· Pro-actively manage costs within your control, to ensure project delivery within budget
· Developing margin improvement strategies in conjunction with the Project Manager and teams
· Preparing Project Specific Quality Management Plans and obtain approval from the Client
· Ensuring the requirements of the quality management plan are effectively implemented to meet project requirements
· Allocating responsibility to staff to perform the QA/QC inspections and duties as defined in the project quality plan and related procedures
· Ensuring familiarity of team members with the quality assurance manual, procedures, ITPs, test methods & reporting requirements
· Developing Project specific Construction Management Plans and get the same approved by the client
· Preparing and reviewing internal ITPs, forms & checklists for approval by Client
To be successful, you will have the following:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Post Graduate qualifications advantageous)
· Demonstrated experience working in a FIFO / DIDO capacity
· Demonstrated experience in delivering camp infrastructure
· Proven forecasting and budget management, EOM Process, Cost Tracking skills
· Class “C” Drivers License
· Construction Induction Training (White Card)
What we offer:
Whittens are committed to investing in our people, offering learning and development opportunities to build on the skills and experience you bring. With a strong pipeline of future works secured, you can be assured that there are opportunities beyond the current project to build your career with us.
- Generous and competitive salary package
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Novated Lease options
- Work amongst engaged leaders and collaborative teams
- High-performance supportive HSE culture
- Safety being at the forefront of everything we do
- Eligibility for cash bonuses as part the employee referral program
- Long term permanent role and the opportunity to work on a range of projects across Australia
- 482 Sponsorship / Working holiday visa sponsorship
Whittens is committed to workplace diversity. We support women in civil construction, champion Indigenous partnerships and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note that this role is being sourced through Whittens directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.