Company Details Restricted To Members
Sponsorship opportunity – are you thinking about a lifestyle change for you and your family?
Re-locate to the sunshine state or other locations in Australia and join KBR’s Global Maritime Centre of Excellence.
The Opportunity – location flexible
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join one of the most talented and respected engineering teams in Australia. Working with our Global Maritime Centre of Excellence, you will be involved with design activities for large scale multi discipline maritime facilities for a variety of industries including; Defence, general cargo facilities, oil & gas and emerging markets (i.e. Hydrogen terminals).
KBR is very well positioned to support the Australian Department of Defence to deliver on the nuclear submarine infrastructure pipeline made clear as part of the Government’s recent announcements.
If you are experienced with Nuclear Infrastructure and want to be a part of this nuclear maritime future, we are very interested to talk to you.
This role will see you delivering fit for purpose solutions for our clients, including design and construction phase services. You will work closely with a diverse group of engineers and support staff who are committed to delivering the best outcomes for our clients.
We have multiple roles available at different levels of experience to support a growing team.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- 10+ years of experience in the design, evaluation and reporting on ports, harbours, coastal works and marine structures
- Proven track record of delivering high quality deliverables for Clients with consideration to project budget and program
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a fit for purpose solution which meets the Client’s requirements
- Ability to focus on the Client’s requirements and communicate design impacts and project decisions to both the project team and the Client
- Experience in the assessment, analysis, design and remediation of maritime structures (wharves, jetties, port developments, marinas, seawalls, pontoons etc)
- General understanding of port and maritime operational requirements
- Demonstrated skills in providing guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff to enhance their skills and capability
- Familiarity with maritime (Australian or other) design codes and guidelines in Australia and Asia
- Degree qualifications in Civil or Structural Engineering
- RPEQ accreditation or similar Australian Professional Engineering Accreditation or eligibility to obtain
- Experience working with the Defence sector and an understanding of how the Defence sector manages projects
- Eligible for Engineers Australia membership
Benefits of KBR
As a company KBR have undergone some seismic changes in the last few years and are a truly cohesive company delivering exceptional results. We are authentically people centric and we strike a great balance between offering a highly supportive team environment, whilst giving people the freedom to perform to the best of their ability.
- We offer flexible and family friendly working arrangements including flexibility with hours as well as your work location
- Ongoing professional development and promotion opportunities
- Paid professional membership fees
- 20 days of annual leave and up to 8 additional hours of accrued flexible leave every 4 weeks (33 days in total)
- Salary packaging and Novated leases
- Life/Health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Paid parental leave
- Diversity and Inclusion support
What we do
KBR’s Infrastructure Solutions Australia business works with customers across the nation to deliver projects that create a better, more sustainable and technology-enabled future for all Australians. We are a team of over 1100 diverse, flexible, adaptable and highly skilled people who provide a wide range of professional consulting services to the private and public sector. Through trusted partnerships with our customers, our best and brightest deliver innovative solutions across the transport, water and environment, buildings, defence infrastructure, Energy and Resources markets.
We are committed to social and environmental sustainability and delivering projects with a digital mindset that drives innovation within our business, for our customers and stakeholders.
Together, we deliver Infrastructure for a better tomorrow.
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners