Company Details Restricted To Members
COMMUNITY thrives here
WHY BAI COMMUNICATIONS
It’s an exciting time to be part of BAI Communications. As a leading communications infrastructure provider, our technical excellence is sought after around the world. Building on our ground-breaking achievements, we continue to expand our operations, helping connect people, support communities and advance economies.
In Australia BAI operates one of the most extensive broadcast networks in the world across 752 sites in Australia. We provide 1,985 fully managed television and radio broadcast services, delivering 126 million broadcasting hours to 99% of the population and provides tower and fibre co-location services for mobile network operators, service providers, enterprise, and public sector customers. In Australia’s harsh environment, our network allows Australia’s public national broadcasters to maintain connection with Australians through floods, bushfires, cyclones and other natural disasters.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Team Leader the role is to add additional support to our team of technicians maintaining a variety of transmission systems and associated infrastructure. This includes AM, FM & Digital Radio and TV broadcast networks. Your role will assist in the maintenance and performance of these transmission systems and infrastructure to ensure service delivery targets and expectations are met and risk to services is minimised.
The role requires travel within the state. Some further interstate travel may be required for Training and emergency response purposes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the on-call roster and complete on-call duties with minimal direction.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of broadcast and communication equipment and other infrastructure.
- Service restoration – competently responds to service outages, acts independently to restore services promptly so that service availability and fault response requirements is met.
- Corrective maintenance – repair complex equipment and systems using module replacement and component level repair techniques, with faulty equipment being brought to full operating status quickly and cost effectively.
- Preventative maintenance – completes scheduled maintenance work systematically – records and schedules repair of items requiring follow up attention to ensure completion of the work.
- Proof of performance testing – complete performance tests on broadcast and communication equipment as part of our contract service compliance.
- Effectively manage and supervise contractors.
- Commission new equipment on behalf of BAI Communications and its clients.
- Participate in district activities including site facility management.
- Perform office and site housekeeping and field support activities.
- Develop a good understanding of broadcast equipment, field services procedures, workplace health and safety processes and EMR awareness.
- Electronics Technician with RF experience and a background in maintenance of transmission and control equipment
- This means you will have sound RF experience and a background in maintenance of a variety of transmission equipment.
- Experience using related test equipment with the ability to learn in a rapidly changing technological environment
- Experience and understanding of testing and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of IT practices such as IP connectivity will be beneficial
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with others and a proven ability to work as part of a team
- Hold a Diploma in Electronic engineering/electro-technology or be willing to undertake on-the-job training;
- Current Drivers Licence. A vehicle will be provided
- Flexibility with working hours and after-hours On Call rosters is required in this role with a willingness to regularly travel away from home. (1 week away per month, home over school holidays and christmas period)
BENEFITS & CULTURE
At BAI, we embrace difference, and we welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, people with disability and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
We stand for being courageous and doing what matters, living by our core principles; One BAI Team, Customer First, Adapt and Learn and Drive Sustainable Growth, you will be provided with every opportunity to thrive at BAI.
Some of the reasons you should consider working with us include:
- Our people and a genuine sense of inclusion and belonging with a dedicated Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy, Champion Network, membership with the Diversity Council of Australia and access to resources and events.
- A focus on personal and professional development with an established performance framework and access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Access to flexible working arrangements, gender-neutral paid parental leave, study leave, purchased leave and charity and volunteer leave.
- Rewarding high performance through our peer recognition program
- Access to a number of corporate rates and discounts and Novated Car Leases through SG Fleet
- We love that many of our new hires find their way to us via our Referral Program. This speaks volumes about our culture; and the fact that the employee is compensated is just a great by-product!
BAI Communications is a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of inclusion and belonging. If we can better support you to overcome any barriers during the selection process, including adjustments to the recruitment process or an alternative application pathway please contact
Want to learn more? Hit apply now!
#OneBAIteam #CustomerFirst #DriveGrowth #Adapt&Learn #LI-BAI #Hiring
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners