Company Details Restricted To Members
About YWCA Canberra
YWCA Canberra provides essential, quality services for women, girls and families in the ACT and surrounding regions. We work in the areas of children’s services, community development, homelessness and affordable housing, youth services, personal and professional training, women’s leadership, and advocacy.
YWCA prides itself on the opportunities we provide for growth and development and our educators build and maintain positive relationships with children, families, and the local community.
As a values-based organisation, and only Canberra-based Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA), YWCA Canberra is a great place to work. We have a strong track record in building long-term, sustainable careers with excellent conditions and a supportive work environment for all employees.
YWCA Canberra is a charitable not for profit organisation. Working for us will entitle you to access tax benefits that will increase your take home pay substantially.
About the Role
YWCA Canberra are looking for Early Childhood Diploma Qualified Educators, who are keen to progress their career in early childhood education and care and have positions available within our 7 services located in Canberra and the ACT region Early Childhood Education Centers. We The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate exceptional early childhood education capabilities, be able to work within a team of educators, provide innovative and engaging learning opportunities to children, and be eager to engage with our local community.
These positions are suitable for you if you hold:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Strong interpersonal skills (approachable, go-getter, positive attitude, flexible).
- Reliable and adaptable team player, who is willing to work across the whole Centre.
- We encourage applicants with experience with programming and planning, previous leadership experience, and an understanding of t theory driven practice with a strong focus on teaching and learning.
- Understanding of Child Protection legislation and Mandatory Reporting requirements for ACT/NSW.
- Experience in maintaining a safe workplace and working within a compliance framework.
- Current Working with Vulnerable People card or working with Children Check (NSW) and Police check or ability to obtain.
- Current first aid/asthma/anaphylaxis training or ability to obtain.
- Current driving license and transport (Desirable).
In return YWCA Canberra will provide you with:
- Salary packaging that can increase your take home pay by up to 5k annually.
- Enhanced terms and conditions of employment including above award salary rates (between 32.92 and $38.23 per hour) depending on experience & Qualifications.
- 14 weeks paid parental leave.
- One extra public holiday at end of year shut down period known as Y Day.
- Excellent professional development opportunities both in-house and external.
- Employee Assistance Program – for you and your immediate family.
How to apply
Applications including a cover letter addressing key criteria together with a resume can be clicking the apply button below.
YWCA Canberra reserves the right to close this role early if a suitable candidate is found.
YWCA Canberra is committed to the safety of children and young people. As such, successful applicants will be required to participate fully in all child protection risk management recruitment processes and ongoing character checking and assessment processes.
YWCA Canberra is proud to be an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and offers above award wages and generous conditions through our innovative and progressive Enterprise Agreement.
YWCA Canberra is an equal opportunity employer. People from diverse backgrounds and with diverse life experiences are encouraged to apply. We specifically encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners