Company Details Restricted To Members
Job description: Position Details
Reference Number 16192
Position Title Consultant Psychiatrist
Employment Type Part Time Permanent
Location Comm Forensic Mental Health
- Ongoing sessional position for a Consultant Psychiatrist – 3 sessions per week
- Disability Forensic Service
- Supported by a dedicated team and Registrar
- Start date negotiable
We are seeking a sessional Consultant Psychiatrist to work in our Disability Forensic Mental Health team to deliver forensic psychiatric services in a prestigious statewide service with a high profile in psychiatry. The Psychiatrist will be primarily involved in providing specialist forensic clinical services, primary and secondary consultations, expert court work and service co-ordination of consumers who have complex dual disability needs. The Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health (Forensicare) is a dedicated statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Forensicare, located in Fairfield an inner Melbourne suburb, is a state-wide specialist mental health service that provides quality clinical services. It has developed a strong national and international reputation for research, teaching and service excellence. Forensicare’s partnership with Swinburne University Behavioural Sciences Centre presents opportunities to undertake research and academic development for those who have a special interest in this field.
Applicants should have:
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists or equivalent
- Experience in forensic psychiatry is highly desirable but not essential.
- Experience working in intellectual disability is required.
A culture where people matter.
- Excellent supervision and investment in the skill development of all our team members.
- Well defined career pathways existing across our Directorates with multi-disciplined Teams.
- Salary Packaging Options available – Mortgage, Rent, Car, Expenses
- International Candidates – Sponsorship availability, Permanent (186) or Temporary (482) and potential for up to $10,000 Relocation support to approved applicants.
- A leading, multi-faceted approach to safety, with unparalleled strategic, practical, individualised and team-based supports to minimise risks and fear and maximise safety and security, underpinned by our workplace health and safety strategy.
- Celebration and reward for good performance, through employee recognition.
- Access to an employee assistance program – an external, confidential, self-referral employee wellbeing program, for personal or work-related matters.
- A mental health and wellbeing program providing psychological, peer support and critical incidence response programs.
For more information on Careers at Forensicare, visit
- COVID19 (x3), Influenza and Immunisation requirements specific to position Infection Control requirements
- This position is subject to a satisfactory Police Check
- We are able to Sponsor eligible International candidates for 186 Permanent or 482 Temporary Visa
Enquiries to: Dr Sobia Khan, Director of Clinical Services, CFMHS – firstname.lastname@example.org
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Forensicare promotes our guiding principles of curiosity, purpose, strong ethics, compassion and fairness; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
Contact Person Sobia Khan
Contact Email email@example.com
Closing Date 24/11/2023
Position Description Medical_Consultant Psychiatrist (Specialist Year 1+) Community Operations.pdf
Please note that this position will close at 11:45pm (AESDT) on the closing date.
Please ensure your application is added before this time as we do not accept late applications.
Original Job Posting date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 05:21:26 GMT
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners