Company Details Restricted To Members
Job description: Position Details
Reference Number 16308
Position Title Clinical Support Assistant
Employment Type Full Time Fixed Term
Location Thomas Embling Hospital
- Full time Fixed term position
- Annual Salary $62,587.20 ( Classification: MHO2 Y1 ) – $68,010.80 (Classification MHO2 Y5) + 11% Super
- Based at Thomas Embling Hospital
- Great Salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
- A culture where people care
A career in the forensic mental health sector is diverse, challenging and rewarding. A career at Forensicare will be like no other. If you’re passionate about supporting people in their mental health recovery, Forensicare is where you need to be. You will be a part of a caring and supportive team, making a real difference to people living with the dual stigma of mental illness and offending. We approach our work with curiosity and a commitment to understanding the unique needs of our consumers and carers. Working across community, hospital and prison settings, you can learn, apply your specialist skills and advance in your profession. Together, we can contribute to a more connected, compassionate mental health and criminal justice system.
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Forensicare is situated across five sites across Victoria with its largest site being Thomas Embling Hospital,?located in Fairfield?just 15 minutes north of the Melbourne city centre.?Thomas Embling Hospital is a 136-bed secure hospital providing acute care, rehabilitation and continuing care programs. It includes a dedicated women’s unit.
About the Role:
The role of Clinical Support Assistant (CSA) is to support staff in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment, with emphasis on reducing Occupational Violence and Aggression (OVA) within Thomas Embling Hospital whilst working under the supervision of a Registered Psychiatric Nurse 3 (RPN3). The CSA is a member of the multi-disciplinary team who will provide a local response within a trauma informed care framework to incidents, maintaining general safety within the service. The CSA will be required to work rotating rostered shifts including weekends and nights shift to meet service needs. The position requires a particular focus on the maintenance and promotion of procedural, physical and relational security.
- Work under the supervision of the RPN3 in the prevention, early intervention and management of occupational violence aggression within the service
- Respond to critical incidences within T.E.H and support seclusion reviews
- Assist staff, visitors, consumers who may be confronted by a hostile or aggressive situation under the direction of the RPN3
- Apply approved physical interventions only under the supervision of the RPN3
- Contribute to relational security, risk assessments, and management planning by identifying and reporting issues to RPN3
- Demonstrated physical and mental capability and capacity to manage and prevent occupational violence and aggression by passing a selection clinic including an annual competency based assessment in de-escalation and physical restraint techniques
- Demonstrated commitment to mental health consumer recovery
- Demonstrated understanding or experience in building positive relationships with consumers
- Demonstrated understanding of mental health issues and ability to work within both an acute and rehabilitation mental health setting
What you need:
- Qualifications in Security or Corrections Level 3 certificate or the equivalent thereof
- Good written/verbal skills and sound computer and keyboard skills
- Previous experience working in a mental health, corrections or security settings would be desirable
This position is subject to a Police Check.
A culture where people matter.
- Excellent supervision and investment in the skill development of all our team members.
- Well defined career pathways existing across our Directorates with multi-disciplined Teams.
- Salary Packaging Options available – Mortgage, Rent, Car, Expenses
- International Candidates – Sponsorship availability, Permanent (186) or Temporary (482) to approved applicants.
- A leading, multi-faceted approach to safety, with unparalleled strategic, practical, individualised and team-based supports to minimise risks and fear and maximise safety and security, underpinned by our workplace health and safety strategy.
- Celebration and reward for good performance, through employee recognition.
- Access to an employee assistance program – an external, confidential, self-referral employee wellbeing program, for personal or work-related matters.
- A mental health and wellbeing program providing psychological, peer support and critical incidence response programs.
For more information on Careers at Forensicare, visit
*Please Note – Applications will be reviewed and Interviewed as they are received.
- COVID19 (x3), Influenza and Immunisation requirements specific to position Infection Control requirements
- This position is subject to a satisfactory Police Check
- We are able to Sponsor eligible International candidates for 186 Permanent or 482 Temporary Visa
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Forensicare promotes our guiding principles of curiosity, purpose, strong ethics, compassion and fairness; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
Original Job Posting date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 01:27:35 GMT
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners