Company Details Restricted To Members
Deery Hotels Pty Ltd is looking for a full time Chefs and Cooks to join their kitchen team located in Brisbane and Woodford.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Demonstrate understanding of food preparation and production in the kitchen department, whilst taking direction from the Head Chef to ensure smooth operation of all kitchen duties.
The position will involve:
- Ensures the consistency of all menu items regardless of time of day or period of service
- Day to day effective involvement in food operations.
- Liaising with Head Chef and kitchen team to ensure smooth delivery of food to guests.
- Operation of kitchen equipment to achieve required results for ala carte and function service
- Work with the head chef to advance and improve current food operations.
- Has understanding of stock control and works together with the Head Chef to minimize wastage.
- Compliance and understanding of food safety policy and procedures (HACCP)
- Follows kitchen systems, policies, and procedures on shift.
- Responding to the Head Chefs requests to perform other tasks from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the venue’s operations.
- Maintaining service standards particularly during peak periods
- Maintain a ‘Can-do’ attitude in the face of adversity
- All applicants must have at least 2 years of experience in a commercial kitchen
- Commercial cookery qualifications are preferred but not essential. All applicants are encourage to apply.
- A positive, friendly and enthusiastic attitude
- The ability to excel under pressure in a high-volume environment with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship skills
- $65,000 per year
Apply now! Sponsorship available if required.
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners