Company Details Restricted To Members
The Langham, Sydney is now recruiting for talented full-time Chef De Partie. This role will see you taking a high level of leadership in a critical role for our talented kitchen team.
About the Hotel
The Langham, Sydney is the city’s most exclusive harbourside address nestled in the city’s Rocks district, The Langham, Sydney boasts the largest guestrooms in Sydney, including opening windows and balconies. Guests enjoy sweeping western harbour views, and a tranquil yet convenient proximity to some of Sydney’s most iconic experiences. The Langham, Sydney invites our guests to experience elegance redefined at Sydney’s ultimate hotel experience of unsurpassed elegance and opulence.
We are recognised for our:
- Outstanding five-star luxury hotel accommodation.
- Residential-style event spaces.
- One-of-a-kind and sought after dining experiences.
- Sydney’s most renowned Day Spa.
- Excellent leisure facilities, including a fully equipped Health Club, swimming pool, Jacuzzi and steam rooms.
Learn more at http://sydney.langhamhotels.com.au/
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Chef De Partie. The role will report to the Executive Chef and Sous Chef and is responsible for managing kitchen operations for a 148-seat restaurant, 70 seat bar and 210 seat Meeting & Events Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your duties will include:
- Assisting in menu planning, implementation and execution.
- Controlling food preparation and managing wastage for your section.
- Leading by example as a hands-on-chef with excellent quality assurance and standards.
- Assisting to maintain Bistro Remy as a leading Sydney restaurant through innovative and original menu planning and maintenance of high food standards.
- Working to update menus regularly for the benefit of regular return guests.
- Establishing and maintaining effective employee working relationships at all times.
- Abiding by the hotel and department regulations, policies and procedures.
Skills & Experience
Your skills and experience will include:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within a fine dining environment.
- Experience catering for weddings, special occasions and social events up to 200 people.
- Trade Qualifications [or similar].
- Sound knowledge of food trends.
- Knowledge of HACCP standards and procedures.
- A high standard of professional grooming.
- Excellent presentation and exceptional communication skills.
In return for your bespoke service to our guests and dedication to the hotel, we will offer you:
- Great development opportunities.
- Complimentary Staff meals.
- Uniforms for shift.
- Discounts on dining and accommodation.
- Complimentary nights at our overseas hotels.
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners