Company Details Restricted To Members
Are you a skilled and experienced Early Childhood Education professional with a passion for leading and developing a team? We are seeking a dynamic and proactive Centre Manager in the Cairns region to join our team and oversee the operation of our licensed childcare centre.
As a Centre Manager, you will be responsible for leading and supporting a team of Childcare Educators and Teachers, as well as ensuring the delivery of high-quality care and education to children ages 6 months to 5 years old with operating hours from 6:30am – 6:30pm.
At G8 Education we support you, and upon commencement you are enrolled into our 6-month Centre Manager First Steps induction program. This program is specifically designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to feel confident in your new role, ensuring you are set up for success.
Our First Steps induction program includes;
- A dedicated 4-weeks with one of our specially selected and trained Certified Trainers as they support and guide you while you learn about the systems we use at G8, our policies and procedures.
- Invitations to a series of deep-dive workshops led by Subject Matter Experts designed to focus on your leadership and development.
- Ongoing support throughout your 6-month program is provided by our First Steps Support Team and your Area Manager.
- Oversee the daily operation of the childcare centre, including staffing, budget management, and communication with parents and stakeholders
- Lead and support the professional development of the Childcare Educators and Teachers, including coaching, mentoring, and performance management
- Plan and implement age-appropriate activities and lesson plans that support the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of each child
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all children at all times, following all policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with all relevant regulations
- Foster a positive and inclusive culture that promotes teamwork and respect for diversity
- ACECQA approved Diploma (or higher) in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a licensed childcare centre or similar setting, including experience in a leadership role
- A current Blue card
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and manage multiple tasks and projects effectively
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
With over 400 early learning centres nationwide, G8 Education has the resources to reward your dedication with generous benefits and opportunities to grow.
- Attractive salary and access to an incentive program providing an annual bonus of up to 12.5% of annual base salary
- Access a 50% gap fee discount on childcare fees at any G8 Education Centre
- Exclusive access to G8’s benefits platform, with access to discount 350+ retailers
- Purchase up to 2 weeks additional leave after 12 months of service
- Dedicated focus on your personal and professional development, including The First Steps Centre Manager Onboarding and Induction Program, paid training and access to G8’s online Learning Lounge
- Health and wellness program
- Opportunities to advance your career within G8’s network of 430 centres
What Sets Us Apart
We understand the importance of work-life balance. That’s why we offer a truly flexible work arrangement, allowing you to tailor your schedule to suit your needs. Whether you’re a seeking full-time work, a parent with other commitments, or someone seeking part-time work, we’re here to accommodate you. Just let us know on your interview and we can discuss our possibilities.
If you are a motivated and passionate Early Childhood Education professional with a desire to make a difference in the lives of young children, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
If you are interested or would like to find out more, apply now!
G8 Education is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. We have a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm. The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our priority and all team members are expected to embrace this shared commitment.
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners