Company Details Restricted To Members
If you have a minimum of 10 years post graduate experience and love the challenge of Emergency Medicine, we want to hear from you!
Details of Appointment
Multiple Permanent Full Time Shift Worker positions working 76 hours per fortnight
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
It’s different here.
Life in Tasmania provides a quality work/life balance. Here you can pursue what drives you, both professionally and personally.
Today, as the rest of the world feels increasingly generic, our different-ness – our Tasmanian-ness – is among our most valuable assets. We invite you to be part of this special place, to quietly pursue the extraordinary, whether it be bushwalking, mountain biking or paddock to plate dining.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Career Medical Officer – Emergency Medicine, who will work as part of the Department of Emergency Medicine at the Mersey Community Hospital (MCH) at Latrobe in North West Tasmania. Servicing a population of approximately 116,000, the CMO provides specialist emergency medical care to patients attending the Department of Emergency Medicine at and MCH.
This position isn’t just another job in another hospital – it can be your chance to demonstrate your strong clinical acumen, influence and foster an enthusiastic team of health professionals, review service requirements and execute new models of care.
We are particularly looking for people who have the ACEM diploma or certificate or would be willing to work towards the same. There would be opportunity to work part time and also do some GP work if desired.
We enjoy a strong relationship with the University of Tasmania’s Rural Clinical School, and our secondary care facilities are both associated teaching hospitals with contemporary teaching environments. Department of Health -North West Region also offers excellent Continuing Professional Development benefits and a supportive working environment.
We offer contemporary, well equipped work environments; excellent remuneration and relocation assistance. Assistance with AHPRA registration and visa sponsorship available.
What Can We Offer?
- Contemporary, well equipped work environments
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- General or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of Violence
- Sex Related Offences
- Serious Drug Offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- Evidence of current Advanced Life Support or equivalent Emergency Life support Course certification and up-to-date resuscitation skills
- Possess an ED Certificate or ED Diploma with the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine or be working towards one or both
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button.
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners