Company Details Restricted To Members
About the Client:
A world-renowned Automotive Dealership company operating in over 150 countries worldwide is one of the world’s most successful premium manufacturers of automobiles and motorcycles and a provider of premium services for individual mobility.
The Master Technician will perform routine maintenance on prestige vehicles and assess problems in vehicles that are brought in for repair. Using testing equipment to diagnose repairs, as well as testing parts and systems you may work on engines, transmissions, steering systems, and electronic components of model cars. Other duties may include ordering parts, assisting other mechanics, and documenting maintenance and repairs.
Skills & Knowledge / Experience / Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Process driven and proactive with strong initiative
- Ability to acquire new skills and then share knowledge with other employees
- Willingness to learn, improve, adapt, and work on multiple brands and technologies
- Ability to meet operational deadlines and achieve set sales targets and profit margins
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Excellent problem-solving and investigative skills
You must be a Qualified Technician and possess industry-level certification to operate as a Technician in the relevant state, territory, or jurisdiction. Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) Certificate III in the relevant field. The Technician must have previous experience in a similar role within the automotive industry.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Main Activities – Efficiency and Process Orientation:
A BMW Master Technician carries out a range of duties, including but not limited to:
- Ensures consistently high standards are established and maintained in all relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively communicates in laymen’s terms with vehicle owners/operators to explain technical issues and risks
- Ensures vehicle faults are fixed on first visit, and in line with OEM and JMG requirements
- Ensures repairs, replacements, preventative maintenance, diagnostic work, and faulty parts matters are undertaken effectively and in line with the standards as set out by OEM and JMG
- Testing individual components and functions of vehicle to detect the source of issues.
- Operating specialised equipment to connect to vehicle’s onboard diagnostic system and repair faults.
- Repairing and replacing defective or worn parts on vehicle such as engines, transmissions, steering columns, brakes, and suspension.
- Using specialised computer software to diagnose and fix electronic faults.
- Performing scheduled services and maintenance, including oil changes; fluid, lubricant, and coolant top–ups and engine tune–ups.
- Ensure all work relating to reassemble, test, clean and adjust repairs or replacement or assemblies and ensure work is undertaken effectively and in line with the standards as set out by OEM and JMG
- Reassembling parts after performing repairs and testing vehicle performance for the desired results.
- Inspects vehicles for roadworthiness and creates work lists required for certification
- Providing guidance and training to apprentice service technicians
- Supports as necessary the supervision of apprentices
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of all mechanical issues and changes relating to the dealer product range
- Maintains the professional and tidy appearance and presentation of the workshop services area and ensures tools and equipment are clean, tidy, and maintained
- Ensures all warranty parts are securely and accurately tagged and stored in the appropriate location
How to Apply
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, by clicking on the apply button below.
- TSS 482 sponsorship available
- Career growth opportunities
- Well established company
Register Your Interest In A New Life In Australia
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for but a Sponsored job in Australia is still of interest. Click here to upload your resume and register your interest with our Australian Recruitment Partners